Bantam/High School Membership Program
The Minnesota Advancement Program is the Elite division within FHIT Hockey. The MAP was created for individuals who want to compete alongside elite players and be challenged by elite coaches. The MAP develops hockey players during the 8 months outside of the High School season and mentors, scouts and recruits players during the 4 months of the High School season. For 15 years, the MAP has worked tirelessly to offer everything a player needs to develop.
*To be eligible for the Bantam membership you must have played as a 1st or 2nd year bantam in the 2021 – 2022 hockey season. If you are still a PEEWEE please check out our MAP Futures Membership.
When: MAP Runs from March 13th –October 30 (September 23rd for Bantam ages).
- There will be 3 certified MAP Professional coaches on the ice at each practice meaning each member receives a max of 8:1 player to coach ratio at every practice.
- Players are not required to come to every day of the program as it is set up to be flexible and allow parents and players to pick and choose the days which best fit their schedule.
- On average, players come three times a week.
- Each ice session will be divided into three 20-minute segments: 20 skating, 20 position specific drills, and 20 minutes of small area/ competitive games
Each MAP Membership Day includes:
- 1 hour of on-ice skills & position specific training
- 1 hour of off-ice speed and strength training
- 1 hour of off-ice shooting & stick handling clinic
Additional MAP Features include:
- Spring and Fall Off-Ice Testing
- Nutrition Webinars
- Mental Skills Classroom and Online Training
- Competitive small area games
- FHIT Performance App
- Individual Game Analytics and Video Analysis
- FHIT Academy access
- Guidance for Junior or College Hockey Planning
There is a 2 step process to becoming a MAP Member for the MAP Season.
- Application: Complete the online application, you will hear from our staff within 24hours that your application has been received. All current applicants will be notified of their status after they have been scouted by a MAP Director.
- Purchase: All accepted players will be notified that they are accepted into the MAP program. Registration is complete and the players spot is secured once players have submitted a deposit for the MAP Season.
At this time The MAP staff is only accepting 40 players from each graduating class.