MEGA U12 FUTURES SUMMER PROGRAM
Our Futures Program is for our players who have the ability to become future MAP students. We are looking for top U12 goalies who love being at the rink and are interested in becoming students of the game. The Future Campers and their families get the chance to experience The MAP before they decide to apply to become a Full Time Member during their High School Season.
Each training session will consist of (3) 20 minute segments. First 20 minutes will be devoted to fundamental movement and save techniques, the focal point of this time will follow the types of situations the goalie will encounter later in the hour. The second 20-minute segment will consist of flow drills and shots from the goalie’s peers under the watchful eye of the goalie coach. The final 20 minutes will consist of a competitive game or scenario based on the focal point of that day.
*Example Tips and Screens would be a theme the goalie coaches would work on in the first 20 minutes. The drills in the second 20 would consist of tips and screens, the final 20 would award extra points for scoring on a tip or screen.
Research has supported this method of training as the most efficient way to expose skills in a way that athletes will retain them. In addition, this method tends to bring a high level of engagement from the goalies.
When: The Futures Membership will run from June 13th - August 26th
Schedule: The Futures summer schedule will be a 3.5 hour afternoon block Monday-Thursday (around 11:00-3:00pm). Thursdays will generally consist of games.
Futures Membership Day Includes:
- 1 Hour of on-ice skills training- Goalie Coach on-ice for all sessions
- 1 Hour of off-ice speed and strength training
- 1 Hour of goalie specific off-ice skills
Additional MAP Features include:
- Off-Ice Testing
- Nutrition Webinars
- Mental Skills Classroom
- Competitive small area games
- FHIT Academy access
*Members receive unlimited credits for the duration of the camp
There is a 2 step process to becoming a MAP Member for the MAP Season.
1. Application - Complete the online application, you will hear from our staff within 24 hours that your application has been received. All current applicants will be notified of their status after they have been scouted by a MAP Director.
2. Purchase - All accepted players will be notified that they are accepted into the MAP program. Registration is complete and the players spot is secured once players have submitted a deposit for the MAP Season.
At this time The MAP staff is only accepting 40 players from each graduating class.